No one sees me. I am my own hiding space is a body of work, exploring memory. It is a reminder about the innocence of childhood when little feet stumble across hidden places and the imagination is set free to play. There is, however a darker side to the work revealing another layer of meaning. Places can be an invitation to turn ones back on innocence and hide away from the outside world. They can be places that appear to be threatening in presence, like apparitions or unknown forms. They can be spaces where one feels unsure of when entering. Sometimes we only have to feel something somewhere that makes us uncomfortable and we have a sudden urge to leave. The work also acknowledges the importance of solitude and being able to retreat into a space where the only disturbance is yourself.
- Personal Statement. A Journey into the Strangely Familiar by Mikki Gleave.
- Reflection continued- Mikki Gleave March 7th, 2017
- Reflection by Mikki Gleave 26th Feb 2017
- Walk with Me – A journey into the Uncanny. Mikki Gleave ,2017.
- MA Fine Art – Tutorial at the Bluecoat and Presentation to BA Fine Art students.